About the Event:
Book publicity is one of the most vital pieces of launching a book and building its visibility in the marketplace. It should be a part of every author and publisher’s plan well before the book is written. We’ve seen the landscape of both publishing and book PR change dramatically over the last decade or so, bringing both advantages and disadvantages – for example, you have a number of channels on which you can reach your audience, but so does everybody else! How do you stand out amongst all of the authors and books competing for airtime?
- What kind of content makes for good publicity opportunities?
- What are the major challenges for publicists in earning coverage for books/authors?
- What gets the media excited?
- What makes them invite you back for more?
- What’s the most important thing authors need to know about publicizing their book?
- How can authors include members of the media in their online conversations?
About the Speaker:
David E. Johnson is the CEO and co-founder of Strategic Vision, LLC. With over 20 years of experience, he is a PR industry leader who specializes in media relations, crisis, communications, branding, and reputation management. He drives client strategy and has been integral in leading the firm forward since its founding in 2001 during the aftermath of 9/11. He has been described as a PR guru extraordinaire and the go to person for crisis communications by the news media.
Members of the Georgia Writers Association receive free workshop admission. If you are a member, please click here for the discount code. If you are not a member but are interested in learning more, please visit our Members page. Or, if you do not wish to become a member at this time, you may click through to the Registration page.